1. About the program
1. What is HOTWords?
The company developed the HOTWords Contextual Advertising. Through this system it is possible to deliver contextual ads on a variety of formats and contents, such as: video, text, image and audio. The system is also multi device.
2. How does it work?
The In-text ads are indexed words with determined contents; through mouse-over on a double underlined word the ad is expanded. The Slide Banner format is also activated through mouse over, but it is located on the right side of the page. The Fullpage and DHTML formats are activated as soon as the website is loaded. The Fullpage is on for 10 seconds, if there is no interaction the format will close. The DHTML format has five positions, to be chosen by the Publisher, and it is on for 18 seconds, if there is no interaction the format also will be closed.
3. The HOTWords ads are only for texts?
No. HOTWords works with DHTML, Fullpage, Slide Banner formats and soon much more.
4. How does DHTML work?
It is a high impact format; once the website is loaded the ad is shown over the page for 18 seconds, without the user intervention. The format has five positions that are chosen by the Publisher.
5. How does Fullpage Ads work?
The Fullpage is an intervention superstitial/interstitial that take the entire user’ screen with a high quality video exhibition. The format invites the user to Interact in 10 seconds. If there is no interaction the format will be closed and exhibited one hour later. The format has two specifications:
- Logo Full Banner (672x560 px)
- Superbanner (760x610)
6. How does Slide Banner work?
This format is located on the right side of the page. Through mouse over the lateral banner expand and the ad is fully exhibited.
7. How does Slide Banner work?
This format is located on the right side of the page. Through mouse over the lateral banner expand and the ad is fully exhibited.
8. How does In-Text work?
This format is exhibited through mouse over on a word with double underlined mark. The double underlined words are on relevant, contextualized editorial texts with correct orthography.
9. How much does HOTWords cost?
There is no cost for publishers. HOTWords increase your advertising revenue.
10. What is eCPM?
Effective cost per thousand impressions (eCPM) is the amount of revenue you can expect to earn from for every 1000 impressions shown on your website. The eCPM does not represent your revenue. The eCPM is calculated by your gains divided by the impressions and multiplied by 1000.
11. What is Word Impression?
When the double underlined word is impressed on your website, although the user may not interact, is considered a word impression.
12. What is Click IP/hour?
It means one unique IP or COOKIE was identified by system in a period of one hour.
13. How can I have HOTWords ads on my website?
First of all, go to “Sites and Blogs” and sign up. Wait for the Quality department approval; after that you will receive your ID, login and password by e-mail and, then you will be able to implement the chosen formats.
For further information, please read Implementation and Configuration Tools.
14. What do I need to do to be a HOTWords Publisher?
To be HOTWords Publisher, you must have a website or blog; it is important to have an always update editorial content or a huge volume of content. If you do not violate any of our approval policies and agree with our editorial policy you can be a HOTWords Publisher.
15. How do I activate the ads on my website?
After signing up, you will receive an ID that is linked to your URL. This ID must be on your script. For further information, go to Implementation and Configuration Tool. To activate the formats, go to the Publisher control panel and click on the “Activate” button on the chosen format.
1. How can I be a HOTWords Publisher?
Go to “Sites and Blogs” and sign up, filling in all the required fields.
2. Do I need to fill in the entire form?
Yes. It is necessary to fill in the entire form in order to get your registration done.
3. May I change my data after the registration?
You can modify the “Name, CPF or Banking information”. It is easy, go to the Publisher control panel and click on Help.
4. I can’t get my registration done, why?
Look for misspelled words or missing item.
5. The data is correct, but I can’t get the registration done. What should I do?
Contact our team through the Publisher Care
6. I’m younger than 18 years old; can I be a HOTWords publisher?
No. To be a HOTWords Publisher you must be older than 18 years old.
7. My website is under construction or new, it has few or no content yet. Should I wait to sign up?
Yes. It is ideal to have a minimum content to be approved.
8. Can I register more than one website?
If you are not a HOTWords Publisher, you will be able to register only one website, but at the Publisher control panel you can register many websites you want.
9. After registration, what should I do?
Wait for the approval or refusal e-mail from our team. If your website is approved, you will receive an automatically e-mail with login and password. However, if you website is refused the HOTWords team will send an e-mail with the purpose of the refusal.
10. I did not get any e-mail after my registration, what should I do?
Check your spam box, if there is no message from HOTWords. Please contact us through the Publisher Care.
11. I do not agree with my website refusal. What should I do?
If your website is under our Partnership policies, but it was refused. Please send a message to our Publisher Care and ask for a reevaluation.
12. I’m already a HOTWords Publisher and I want to add one more website, Should I sing up again?
No. Just go on your Publisher control panel and click on “websites”, register your new URL. For further information, access your Publisher control panel.
13. I have a big website with many sub dominions. Do I need to register each one?
When the sub dominions derived from the same URL it is not necessary.
Principal URL: http://www.seusite.com.br.
Sub dominion: http://www.subdominio.seusite.com.br or http://www.seusite.com.br/subdominio.
3. Websites approval
1. What are the criteria for the website approval?
The website must be on. The websites offline, on maintenance, under construction, with racist, porno, sexist, gambling, pejorative content are not accepted. For further information, please read the Basic Policies for website approval.
2. Can I register a website made in flash?
No. The websites made in flash are not compatible with HOTWords formats.
3. How do I know that my website was approved?
Our Quality team will send you an e-mail after checked your website. On this e-mail there will be the information about the approval or refusal. Do not forget to unblock the dominion @hotwords.com.br on your spam box; this way you will make sure to receive our e-mail.
4. I did not received any e-mail in 48 hours, what should I do?
Check your spam box. If you have not received our e-mail, please send a message through our Publisher Care.
5. I do not agree with my website refusal, what should I do?
Please check the explanation of your refusal on the footnote of our e-mail. If you do not agree with our Approval Policies, contact our team answering the same e-mail.
6. My website or blog was refused, Can I register it again?
Your registration will be saved on your pre-registration file for the period of 90 days, after that you may register it again.
7. I’m a HOTWords Publisher; can I have more than one site approved?
Yes. All websites registered under your name are linked to your account. The registration of new websites must be done through the Publisher control panel.
4. Restrictions or forbidden actions
1. The HOTWords system can be used with other ad tool?
Yes. The HOTWords formats can be used with any other ad tool, but you cannot use a similar or a competitor tool.
2. Can I implement the same ID on websites that are not in the network?
No. To show a HOTWords Ad your website must be registered on our network.
3. Can I use the same ID to all my registered websites?
No. The ID number identifies each URL on our system. If you use the same ID on not registered URL the ads will not be shown.
4. Can I have HOTWords ads a website with adult content?
No. The HOTWords policies do not allow website with adult content (porno or sexist movies, porno magazines download and etc.). Our system blocks the ads on this kind of content in order not to damage our advertisers’ image.
5. Can I have HOTWords ads on a download website?
Yes. Since the website do not copycat the content.
6. Can I suggest the user to click on the ad?
No. The Publisher who persuades the user to click on the ad wll be banished from our network.
7. Can I insert more than one delimiter per page?
Yes. You must insert one delimiter per text block on distinct contents. For further information check our “Implementation and Configuration Tool”.
5. Implementation and Configuration Tool
1. Forget my login and password, what should I do?
Go to hotwords.com and click on “login” and “Forgot my password” You will be redirect to login. If you still do not access it, please contact our team through the Publisher Care.
2. Can I change my password?
Yes. The Publisher can change the password through the Publisher control panel, click on “My account”. For further information, check the Publisher control panel.
3. How do I activate the ads on my website?
To activate the ads, you must implement our tags on your template and index file. If you want to activate the Fullpage, the Slide Banner or the DHTML format, please click on the “Activate” on the chosen format.
4. How do I implement the TAGs on my website?
For implementation follow the instruction of our tutorial videos according to your platform, you will find the tutorials at the Publisher control panel. Pay attention on each step and do not forget to use the ID that corresponds to that URL.
5. I do not know my ID, where can I find it?
Go to the Publisher control panel, click on “websites”. There will be all the registered URLs with its IDs. For further information, access the Publisher control panel.
6. Can I use the same URL for others website?
No. Each URL has its ID. If you use a different ID from the registered URL, the ads will not be shown.
7. How long does it take to show the ads on my website?
After activated the formats and implemented the TAGs, in a couple of hours there will be ads on your website.
8. The ads are not being shown on my website, what should I do?
First of all, check if the formats are activated properly. If everything was correct, but the ads are still not being shown, please contact our team through Publisher control panel.
9. I had implemented the TAGs on my website for more than six hours, but the ads are not being shown yet?
Go to the Publisher control panel, click on “websites” and check if the ID does not correspond to the registered URL, change it to the correct one and the ads will be shown.
10. The TAGs have been implemented correctly, but I still can’t see the ads?
For better performance do not implement our TAGs among td, tr and table. Check if your TAGs are not among the ones mentioned or if the script is according to the website or blog parameter.
11. The TAGs are corrected, they are not among td, tr and table, but I still can’t see the ads. Why?
Check if your URL has special characters. The system does not recognize characters such as: %, $, that is why your website will not show the ads.
12. The TAGs are implemented correctly. I can see the ads on some pages, but there are some without ads. What is the problem?
The pages must have pejorative content, and then they are blocked.
13. The TAGs are implemented correctly, they are not among td, tr and table, I do not use any special character. But I still can’t see the ads on my website. What should I do?
Our tool was constructed under the W3C pattern. If you want to check if your website or blog is according to those patterns or if there is something wrong with the HTML code, please access http://validator.w3.org/, where you will find the possible errors that are blocking the ads on your website.
14. I can’t see the ads on all browsers. What is the problem?
Some browsers may not show the HOTWords ads if there is (minimum) error in the code. For the In-text format good performance on your website or blog, it is necessary that your code be under the W3C patterns. Please access http://validator.w3.org/, where you will find the possible errors that are blocking the ads on your website.
15. I had implemented the Wordpress plugin correctly, but the ads are not being shown. What should I do?
Check if the function wp_footer() that is located in the footnote (footer.php). If you do not find, just add the code <?php wp_footer(); ?> </div> before the tags </body> </html> and implement the plugin again.
16. Why the ads are not shown on my home?
The In-text format has a better performance on the internal pages. Because of the contextualization on the home contents and the many links, the ads may be blocked.
17. Can I have more than four ads on my texts?
No. The HOTWords policy limits the quantity of ads, in order not to mess up with your website. It does not matter the text length, you can only show four ads per page.
18. How do I do to block an advertiser that I do not want to be on my website?
Go to Publisher control panel and click on “Configure”.
19. I changed my website dominion, what should I do?
If your website has the same editorial content and only the dominion has changed, contact our team through the Publisher control panel, click on “Help” in order to update the information. However, if your website has different contents, it will be necessary to register it.
20. I changed my editorial content, what should I do?
If your website content has been changed, please contact our team through the Publisher control panel in order to update your data.
21. I want to add my dominion to other account. How can I do it?
Please contact our team through the Publisher control panel, click on Help. Our team will give provide the must-to do procedures for your request.
22. The website I had registered does not exist anymore. What should I do?
Please contact our team through the Publisher control panel, click on Help.
For further information, check our Publisher control panel.
23. Can I change the in-text format colors on my website?
Yes. You can redo your script with our tutorials help or add the following code“&cor=XXXXXX” after the second ID of your script. Remember that ”XXXXXX” corresponds to the desired code color, without the “#”. On the Wordpress plugin there isn’t the option.
24. How do I do to have visualization campaigns and the other HOTWords formats on my website?
The visualization campaigns (PPV) are special, and then they are not shown in every segment. This may occur because there are few advertisers.
25. Why I can’t change name, bank data or e-mail from my account?
Go to Publisher control panel, click on Help and request the necessary changing.
It will be sent an application that must signed and resent to our team.
26. I need to change the block data from my Publisher control panel. How do I do it?
For your security the data are blocked and they cannot be changed. Please contact our team through Publisher control panel and click on Help.